Sunday 26 June 2011

The beautiful girl mouse

Hi everybody,

It's me Meggie again, in my last entry I told you about a story that an Indian story teller to my class when we went to Wicksteed. Now I'm going to tell you the story.

A long time ago there was a mouse family,. A mouse mum, a mouse dad and a mouse daughter. The mouse daughter was of age to be married and the mum and dad were trying to find a husband for her. They wanted a boy mouse who was strong and  would treat their daughter like a princess, tell her he loves her every day and always make her feel cherished. They thought and thought about who would be best for their daughter.

They looked up at the sky then the mum had an idea.

"What about the sun? He is big, strong and maybe he will treat our daughter like a princess," said mum.

"Your right let's go and ask him," said dad.

So they went up to ask the sun if he would marry their daughter.When they got there they said to the sun.

"You are the strongest thing in the whole world. Can you marry our daughter please,"mum and dad asked.

"It is true I'm big and I'm strong but there is someone stronger than me," said the sun.

"Who could be stronger than you?" asked the dad.

"Look over there at the clouds. When they move in front of me they make it dark and block out my strong rays. You should see them," answered the sun.

So they went all the way to the clouds. But the cloud said that the wind was stronger than him. So they went to the wind.

But the wind look down and said, "Do you see that statue down there? He is stronger than all of us. Everyday the sun beat down on that statue and he never moves an inch. The wind blows and blows and still they can't move the statue. The rain pours down on him and he never moves. Nothing can move him. he is the strongest thing in all the world. You should go and ask him to marry your daughter.

So off they went to  ask the statue to marry their daughter. But the statue said, "Do you see my feet? Under  my left foot is a little thing about this big (he shows them a small size) he has a long tail and whiskers. he's been digging away beneath my foot and one day soon he will achieve what the sun, the wind and the clouds couldn't. He will make me move. He is far stronger than I. You should ask him to marry your daughter.

So they climbed down the statue and knocked on the foot. The big toe opened and a boy mouse looked out.  The mum mouse and the dad mouse asked him if he would marry their daughter. Once they saw each other they fell in love and they got marry. When they got marry the boy mouse told the girl mouse that he loved her every day. He treated her like a princess and made her feel cherished.

The moral of the story is you don't have to be big to be strong. We all have our own special strengths. 



                                                     THE END

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Megyn's Blog © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner